Frontrunners of the BioCircular Economy 2.0 — Nordic-Netherlands Roundtableonline | 27th of May 2021
This strategic Nordic-Netherlands roundtable focuses on creating a shared need between Nordic-Dutch frontrunners and accelerating the transition to a Circular Bioeconomy 2.0. It will gather a select group of Nordic-based and Dutch corporate frontrunners who are leading by example. Both the Nordics and The Netherlands have historically had a close look at biocircular business and investment relations. From this roundtable, entrepreneurs can learn from each other’s successes, challenges, and experiences, while at the same time collaborating more intensively and co-ordinated on European and international levels.
Co-hosted by Holland Circular Hotspot, Business Finland, Circular Biobased Delta, and the Nordic Circular Hotspot.
Read more about a possible investment of €1.5 billion by Neste Corporation in the Port of Rotterdam.
The Nordic-Netherlands Roundtable
ROUNDTABLE PART 1: Biorefineries and circularity—the path towards a BioCircular Economy 2.0?
Time: 10:00-11:00 CEST
– Introduction and welcome by the moderators, Peter Michel Heilmann, Managing Partner, Nordic Circular Hotspot, and Freek van Eijk, Director, Holland Circular Hotspot
– Official opening by guest of honor and keynote speaker Nina Kopola, Director General and CEO, Business Finland
– Welcoming remarks, H.E. Mrs. Päivi Kaukoranta, Ambassador of Finland to the Kingdom of the Netherlands and Permanent Representative of Finland to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons
– Roundtable discussion: BioCircular Economy 2.0—Netherlands-Nordic leadership and collaboration in Europe
Participants: Neste Corporation (Finland), BTG Bioliquids (The Netherlands), UPM – The Biofore Company (Finland), Fortum (Finland), European Parliament (EPP, Slovenia), Bio-based Industries Consortium (BIC)
ROUNDTABLE PART 2: Nordic and Dutch biocircular economy clusters—opportunities for co-innovation, collaboration, new products and markets
Time: 11:10-12:10 CEST
– Introduction and welcome by the moderators
– Presentations and panel discussion: Circular Biobased Delta (The Netherlands), Brightlands Chemelot Campus (The Netherlands), NORCE Norwegian Research Centre AS (Norway), Bio-based Industries Consortium (BIC) and The Bioeconomy Regions in Scandinavia (BRS)
– Reflections and recommendations from Prof. Emmo Meijer, Chair, ChemistryNL (Dutch Top Sector for Chemistry), Chair and EIT RawMaterials/ERMA (European Raw Materials Alliance)
DIGITAL NETWORKING LUNCH (optional)
Time: 12.10-13.00 CEST
Meet the Nordic Circular Hotspot’s Managing Partners, liaise with some of the roundtable speakers and have lunch virtually.