Virtual trade mission China on circular smart solutions construction and infrastructureOnline | 9th until 12th of May 2022
Are you active in the field of circular construction and infrastructure, and do you offer smart solutions? Learn about developments, trends, and opportunities in China!
From 9 to 12 May 2022 RVO (Netherlands Enterprise Agency), supported by Holland Circular Hotspot, organizes a virtual trade mission to China with sustainability as the central theme.
(registration open until March 23, 2022)
Circular economy track
The trade mission is led by the Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation, Liesje Schreinemacher; with a contribution from the State Secretary for Infrastructure and Water Management, Vivianne Heijnen.
Sustainability and the strategy to achieve sustainability are playing an important role in China. Especially food, waste, and energy are topics that get much attention. China continues to look for new knowledge and technology for circular economy transition. With the knowledge and expertise in the field of sustainable energy, The Netherlands is an interesting potential partner for China. This offers opportunities for Dutch companies and knowledge institutions.
The circular economy track is open to companies and knowledge institutions that are active in:
Smart and circular solutions in the field of construction and infrastructure, such as:
- innovations for prevention, sorting, and recycling for high-quality reuse of construction and demolition waste;
- new biobased and circular building materials;
- new innovations and business models, such as materials passports or ‘buildings and installations as a service;
- digital material platforms to match supply and demand;
- circular design.
During the mission, you will gain insight into the developments and opportunities in your sector. You will also get an overview of current projects and projects in development, which are looking for international cooperation. The programme consists of a combination of the following components:
- a joint kick-off meeting with Minister Liesje Schreinemacher;
- per sector an interactive webinar about interesting developments and projects;
- acquaintance with successful (Dutch) companies that are already active in China;
- agreements with local companies and knowledge institutions through online, organized matchmaking, tailored to your company profile (see Matchmaking).
Focus Regions in China
The focus regions of this mission differ per sector. During the mission, the Chinese participants physically meet in the focus regions. They participate in the virtual program from the following cities:
- Fresh logistics from Shanghai, Guangzhou, Jinan, and Chongqing;
- Circular economy from Shanghai and Shenzhen;
- Offshore wind power from Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Beijing (to be confirmed).
Free matchmaking via the B2match platform is not possible during this mission. You can sign up for tailor-made matchmaking: 3 or 4 conversations of 25 minutes each, including an interpreter if necessary.
Please note: a maximum of 51 Dutch organizations can register for tailor-made matchmaking (17 organizations per sector). RVO will process the requests in the order of applications received.