Traineeship at Holland Circular Hotspot
Do you want to work with Dutch leading circular economy experts and expand your professional network in the field? We have regular openings for proactive trainees with good writing skills, who can translate complex information into clear and engaging insights.
With these skills you will support Holland Circular Hotspot with publications, the visibility of Dutch circular showcases and the relation with our international network of entrepreneurs, representatives of government and knowledge institutes and hotspots. You will develop your experience in a professional environment and gain extensive knowledge of circular economy and international business development. In our high paced core team, you will be adopted as a full team member with your own responsibilities and room for your ambitions and ideas.
"I not only learned deeper about a circular economy transition from different perspectives but also created wonderful networks within the organization and the external parties."Yolanda Ryan Armindya (HCH trainee 2021-2022)
Responsibilities and profile
We are looking for two keen trainees to join the HCH team for 6-9 months, starting in January 2023. The responsibilities will cover and include the following:
- Conduct research on trends and developments and business opportunities (B2B, K2K, G2G) in circular economy in specific countries
- Write and contribute to publications and other high-quality reports
- Support the organizing of online and offline events, by HCH or partners
- Extend the list of Dutch best practices in circular economy
- Support with website content
What we look for in a trainee:
- Highly motivated and effective individual with genuine interest in circular economy
- Excellent written and spoken command of the English language
- Analytical mind with qualitative research skills
- Comfortable building relationships with external partners and stakeholders
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Cultural sensitivity
- Residence permit in the Netherlands is a must (valid for working purposes for the entire duration of the traineeship)
- Preferably a master student enrolled at a Dutch university, however any other professionals are also encouraged to apply
- Previous experience in sustainability and/or circular economy gained through studies, internship or work is desirable
For one vacancy we are looking for a trainee that also masters the Dutch language. For the other vacancy this is not necessary.
"I found it thoroughly enriching working for HCH, being involved in interesting projects and exploring new avenues!"Uday Laiker (HCH trainee 2021-2022)
Interested? We offer:
- 6-9 months duration,
- Flexible work arrangement,
- 30-40h working week
- Monthly compensation of 450€ net (for 32h) and transportation expenses covered
- Inspiring circular workplace at C-Bèta in Hoofddorp (near Schiphol airport) and/or BlueCity in Rotterdam
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘HCH Traineeship’.
"I have worked with very open, talented, energetic, positive, and passionate about their job people. This experience gave me an opportunity to learn what circular economy in practice is and how it works."Elena Agafonova (HCH trainee 2020)