Marketing and Communication Traineeship with an international and sustainability focus
Do you want to further develop your professional communication skills, dive into branding, storytelling, and content writing, ánd while learning by doing, contribute to a more sustainable world?
We are looking for a proactive trainee with good writing skills, that knows their way with Social Media, and enjoys being involved in international projects from a communication perspective. You will support Holland Circular Hotspot with its ambitions to inspire for international collaboration and to impact economies globally to become circular. In practice this means you will work on the visibility of Holland Circular Hotspot, create content, support international events, and take on communication projects. Depending on your personal interest, talents and experience, we welcome you to further specialize in a specific skill or topic, and to come up with new and creative ideas.
If you feel excited to dive into circular economy, work in an international team, and love to learn by doing, we invite you to share your motivation and CV. We’re looking forward to it!
At Holland Circular Hotspot, I learned so much about circular economy in general, international cooperation and how to tell our story to our audience all over the worldMarije de Jong (trainee 2022 - 2023)
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a keen trainee to join the HCH team for 6-9 months. The responsibilities will cover and include the following:
- Campaigns and communication support for events
- Content creation for a range of social and digital channels
- Monitor and analyze social media performance
- Assist with quarterly newsletter creation
- Support in keeping the website up to date
- Basic design tasks (eg. promotion material and presentations)
- Assist in the creation of video material
- Highly motivated and effective individual with genuine interest in sustainability and business development
- Special interest in communication and community management
- An eye for design (design skills are preferred)
- Excellent English writing skills, Dutch is desirable but not mandatory
- Preferably an HBO/WO Master student enrolled at a Dutch university, however young professionals are also encouraged to apply
- Previous experience in sustainability and/or circular economy gained through studies, internship or work is desirable
- Cultural sensitivity
- A residence permit in the Netherlands is a must (valid for working purposes for the entire duration of the internship)
- 6-9 months internship, flexible work arrangement, min. 32h working week
- Monthly compensation of 450€ net (for 32h) and transportation expenses covered
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter) in English, before April 1st, to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject ‘HCH Marcom Traineeship’.
About Holland Circular Hotspot
The Netherlands is a frontrunner in the field of circular economy (CE) and has the perfect scale and innovative power to inspire the rest of the world as a living lab and circular hotspot. There is worldwide interest in CE and both COVID-19 and geo-political developments have made companies and citizens even more aware that continuing as before is not a sustainable option. CE offers a business model with a great spin-off to the climate goals and Social Development Goals, is a job engine, and driver for innovation.
Transitioning from a linear economy to a circular economy, asks for a system change, and collaboration within and between value chains, ánd across borders, is key. Holland Circular Hotspot is the portal for internationalization of the circular economy and organizes international collaboration and knowledge exchange between companies, knowledge institutes and (local) authorities.