Circular Economy Summit – Netherlands & NordicsEpicenter, Amsterdam | 15th of January 2019
What are the next steps in going from a linear to a circular economy? On January 15 the Swedish Chamber of Commerce, The Finnish Dutch Chamber of Commerce, The Norwegian Dutch Chamber of Commerce and the Danish Dutch Business Club together with the Nordic Embassies and the European Commission would like to start 2019 by inviting you to an inspiring cross-border Circular Economy Summit.
Welcome on January 15!
The summit will present an insight into the latest news from the EU on the Road to Circular Economy and share the ambitious targets of the Netherlands and the Nordic Countries. Global and local companies will be present to present and share experiences on their rapid journey from linear to circular.
The transition towards a circular economy is key to the quality of life, a sustainable world and provides huge economic opportunities. Circular Economy is today on the agenda of the EU as well as for most governments, companies, and organizations. A circular economy is a necessity to meet the global demands to generate more value from available resources, to combat climate change and to reduce and start reusing waste.
Free of charge. Registration, however, is compulsory.
More information and registration: Nordic Talks
12.45 Coffee and registration
13.15 Welcome and Introduction
13.25 Update on the EU Circular Economy Agenda
- John Bell, director European Commission Eco-economy, interviewed by Anders Wijkman, Club of Rome and chairman of the Swedish Association of Recycling Industries (tbc)
13.45 What’s the Circular targets of the Nordics?
- Pål Spillum, Ministry of Climate and Environment, Norway
- Kari Herlevi, Sitra, Finland
14.30 Q&A session
14.45 Coffee Break (30 min)
15.15 The Netherlands has the most ambitious circular targets – what’s next?
- Stientje van Veldhoven, Minister of Environment
- Freek van Eijk, Holland Circular Hotspot
15.35 Circular Business in the Nordics
- Cathrine Barth, Circular Economy/Noek Sirkulärökonomi
- Ramon Westplate, Grundfors NL
- Finland, Stora Enso
- Pär Larshans, Ragn-sells AB
16.15 Q&A Session
16.30 C18 Report by SB Insight
16.50 Final Remarks
17.00 Networking Drinks