WCEF side session Scaling up Circular Economy in CitiesHelsinki, Finland | 3rd of June 2019
Holland Circular Hotspot and Circle Economy have joined forces with other Circular Economy Hubs from all over the world for an official side session for the WCEF on Monday June 3, from 9.30 to 11.00. The topic of the session is Scaling up Circular Economy in Cities. The program will include:
- Introduction: why is scaling up CE in Cities so important
- Interactive round table discussions (co-)hosted and chaired by a CE hotspot on how we can make Cities more Sustainable in developed and developing countries.
- Wrap-up: the moderator will pass by the table moderators and interview them shortly on key lessons learnt
Because of the limited capacity of the venue, participation is (for now) only possible by invitation for WCEF2019 participants.
Round Table Topics
How can we make Cities more Sustainable in developed and developing countries?
• Table 1: Actions from municipalities in developed countries (Zero Waste Scotland, INEC)
• Table 2: Actions from municipalities in developing countries (co-sharing ACEN, CEPA)
• Table 3: How regions can accelerate Circular Economy (co-sharing Amsterdam Economic Board, Circular Fryslân)
• Table 4: Actions from businesses (co-sharing OREE, E4CB)
• Table 5: Actions from consumers (Circular Change)
• Table 6: The role of knowledge institutes (co-sharing Polish Circular Hotspot/Innowo, TCEN/ITRI)
• Table 7: The role of CE Hotspots (HCH, Circular Norway)
• Table 8: Circular economy action based on the City Doughnut (Circle Economy)
“In a city, everything comes together; the vast majority of us live in cities. These are the places - where we live, work and recreate – that can determine our common future. Cities are places of action, and time is running out.”Freek van Eijk, director Holland Circular Hotspot