BioHub Port and Industrial Area Development in Sarawak Showcaseonline | 26th of August 2020
The Netherlands Embassy in Malaysia and Agensi Inovasi Malaysia (AIM) are organising the BioHub Port and Industrial Area Development in Sarawak Showcase Event on 26th August 2020 at Banquet Hall 1, FELDA Tower, Kuala Lumpur.
The objective of this event is to showcase the BioHub Port Project in Sarawak and serve as an invitation to companies and stakeholders to join the development to realise an inclusive the Sustainable Circular Biobased Economy. The MoU between parties was signed on July 7th, 2020 between Port of Rotterdam Netherlands, Bintulu Port Holdings Berhad, Regal Lands, and Agensi Inovasi Malaysia to start the development of the BioHub Port and Industrial Area in Sarawak.
This showcase event will demonstrate the close cooperation between the government of Malaysia and the Netherlands towards supporting the development of sustainable and frontier industries that would be integrated with bioport infrastructure, carbon neutral bio manufacturing clusters and clean transportation networks and logistics supported by transparent and traceable biomass and waste feedstock for the new bioindustries. This is part of the National Biomass Strategy (NBS) initiative driven by AIM, a statutory body set up by the Government of Malaysia, under the purview of the Ministry of Science Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), to help realise the goal of positioning Malaysia as a regional premier BioHub Port through inclusive development that will help forge local and international partnerships on green technology and sustainability (economic and social) efforts through transformation projects. This project is expected to help nurture new local and frontier technologies, entrepreneurs (SMEs and MTCs) and have massive spillover effects for the local communities and rural development for Sarawak.
This event will hosted by His Excellency Aart Jacobi, Ambassador of the Kingdom of Netherlands in Malaysia and Yang Berhormat Tuan Khairy Jamaluddin Abu Bakar, Minister of Science, Technology & innovation, Malaysia with the presence of other Federal Government and State Government officials and key industry players.
Participants will get the opportunity to have details for this developments highlighting potential business opportunity, partnership and collaboration opportunities and how they could contribute and be involve in the development of the entire ecosystem.
- Arrival & Participant registration
- Arrival of VVIPS
- Welcome Speech by Ambassador of the Netherlands to Malaysia H.E. Aart Jacobi
- Speech by Minister in the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI) Y.B. Khairy Jamaluddin Abu Bakar
- Launch Video of Project “Biohub Port Project in Sarawak, Malaysia” between Port of Rotterdam, Bintulu Port Holdings, Regal and Agensi Inovasi Malaysia
- Reveal of Consortium Partners – POR, BPHB, RLSB, and AIM:
- Presentation by the Port of Rotterdam – Andre Toet, Director
- MoU Exchange between Regal and Fat Hopes Energy: Waste Stream Aggregation, Pre-Treatment and Processing for BioHub Port Sarawak
- Walkabout by H.E Ambassador and Y.B. Minister
- Networking session/Tea break
- Programme ends
Simultaneously with the event there will be a demonstration of the showcase (actual and Virtual):
- BioHub Port and Industrial Area
- Malaysia and Dutch Technology
Registration and RSVP
Kindly confirm your attendance by RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org, +60196570041 (Felicia). We will provide you with the Dial-in details when you confirmed your participation.
Should you have further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com, +60126757586 (Timothy) /firstname.lastname@example.org, +60199000261 (Thareq)